I arrived a bit later today due to a painting workshop so Marc and I just visited in the food court. He had physio in the pool this morning which is always a favourite.
Since I missed physio today, I’ll share what happened yesterday. The session was held in the rehab floor’s old dining room, which now houses a huge television. Several of the patients on the floor are working on balance and are at roughly the same skill level, so they had a kind of physio party.
One at a time the participants played a balance game on the Wii which had been hooked up to the television. The others did other balance activities together while they awaited their turns.
Marc went first.
I thought it was a brilliant idea. The trick was not to move your upper body and just use your lower body for weight shifting to get balls to drop down a hole. The Wii provided instant feedback if you cheated.
I love that everyone got to have some fun social time while using technology to aid in their rehabilitation.
Just a Wii bit of fun on the rehab floor.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.