From Hope to Healing


During Marc's time at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre in Toronto, Ontario, following a massive stroke and brain bleed, a friend suggested I start a blog. I'd been making notes each day and updating his progress on Facebook but after some thought, I realized that this could be something that Marc could later read to follow his journey back to health.

I thought it might also serve to help someone else. If it can help even one other person to recognize the signs of a stroke or to help a family member understand what happens during this battle, then it was worth recording.

This is Marc's story. It begins with our hope for his survival and follows his healing journey.

For those of you new to blogs, you can find previous posts in the Blog Archive on the right side of the page. Each post has the date so you can easily follow along day by day. Just click the one you want to read. This story starts on Saturday, December 8, 2012.

(To see the earlier blog posts, click on "2012" in the Blog Archive section and it will open the posts from December)

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Thursday, February 7, 2013 - One More Sleep

One more sleep. 
That’s how much longer we have to wait until Marc is home for good.  Just one more little sleep. 
Last night’s overnight pass was great.  Marc is still healing and is used to the hospital routine of going to bed early, so he conked out at 9:00.  He was wondering how he’d feel sleeping in his own bed again since the last time he tried that, back on December 8th, it didn’t end well.
Turns out he had nothing to worry about.  He said he was asleep before I got down the stairs after tucking him in. 
I was worried that I’d be worried about him during the night and wouldn’t be able to fall asleep.  That worry was unfounded as well.  I only woke up once.  It was so nice to have him lying there beside me again. 
So much for all this worry.  The night went better than both of us expected so we feel very ready to get our lives back. 
I dropped Marc back off at RVH at noon in time for his physio.  They can have him for just one more sleep.  
It feels like Christmas Eve.  Tomorrow I'll get the best present ever.  Marc.   

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear, Sandy, I sure hope all this snow won't delay your long-awaited Christmas present!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.