Our second home pass day went just as well as the first.
Marc made up for lost time with Ceilidh and treated her to a big snuggle. She was in doggy heaven.
| Cuddles |
In honour of Super Bowl Sunday, we made our traditional chili. Marc chopped the onions and we called it OT. He even demonstrated his skill at chopping with his left hand. Show off. He still has all his fingers, so we declared it a success.
| Chopping Onions for Chili |
Our family members popped by in shifts today for visits. It started to feel like normal life. I can imagine family get-togethers again and that feeling of fun and love that we used to share.
A few snowflakes started to drift from the sky before dinner and Marc said, “Boy, the weather is really bad. I guess I’m snowed in here.”
Oh, I wish.
There are a few more steps that Marc needs to accomplish during therapy and then he’ll be ready for home. We want him home safely, so we will wait.
Patiently.
Sort of patiently.
As patiently as we can.
Tap, tap, tap, tap....
Your patience will pay off down the line, but I'm sure the desire to have him home and keep him home must be overwhelming at times...
ReplyDeleteHang in there - you are in the "home" stretch now... :-)
btw - I do hope that you seriously consider turning this into a book. I had no idea how much was involved after a stroke until I started reading your posts - I am so very much in awe of you.
Huzzah for a very successful weekend! As the comment above suggests: patience and desire together will have Marc home under the very best conditions.
ReplyDeleteI am so looking forward to your blog this week. I can already sense a renewed motivation. It's absolutely marvelous to witness.
Here's to a fantastic week!
Superbowl...chili....Marc home for the day...what a great combination :)
ReplyDelete