Today I found a handsome man awaiting me. He had a new hair style and was looking pretty sharp.
While I was at home last night, I got a text message from one of Ashley’s friends, Taunya, who happens to be a hairdresser. I’d forgotten that she was going to go see Marc last night at the hospital and get rid of his half faux hawk.
She attached these pictures:
Marc was happy to show off his new look. I'm so grateful to Taunya and another friend, Ellen, who came to help. They made him feel really special.
Marc had several visitors today and was in great spirits. He told us that he had sat in a wheel chair for lunch and then had toured the halls of his ward by himself. He uses his right hand to propel the wheel and his right foot to steer. There were no other rehabilitation patients or nurses harmed during his travels, so we’re calling it a success.
The physiotherapist had left us some exercises to do while Marc is in bed this weekend and he was eager to get started. The first quiet moment we had, I put him through his paces. He did very well, but I think he’s going to feel it tonight.
Marc had a question for me. He was wondering if I had any ideas to help him fall asleep, so I taught him the relaxation exercises that I use when I have trouble sleeping. I showed him how to take three slow, deep breaths and slowly release each. Then, starting at the toes, concentrate on each muscle from your feet all the way to your head and picture each muscle relaxing.
If you make it all the way to your head without falling asleep, you can also work on any areas of your body that are especially sore or in need of healing. In Marc’s case he has a lot to choose from.
I also suggested that he picture nice green, healing light coming into his body and washing through the sore areas or places that need to heal. I learned to do this many years ago and I swear it helps me heal in record time.
I truly believe that healing is 90% mental and the more we can do to help ourselves heal, the better. If nothing else, Marc should be able to drift off to sleep feeling relaxed.
If there’s one thing he needs right now, besides that great new hairdo, it’s a good night’s sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.