From Hope to Healing


During Marc's time at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre in Toronto, Ontario, following a massive stroke and brain bleed, a friend suggested I start a blog. I'd been making notes each day and updating his progress on Facebook but after some thought, I realized that this could be something that Marc could later read to follow his journey back to health.

I thought it might also serve to help someone else. If it can help even one other person to recognize the signs of a stroke or to help a family member understand what happens during this battle, then it was worth recording.

This is Marc's story. It begins with our hope for his survival and follows his healing journey.

For those of you new to blogs, you can find previous posts in the Blog Archive on the right side of the page. Each post has the date so you can easily follow along day by day. Just click the one you want to read. This story starts on Saturday, December 8, 2012.

(To see the earlier blog posts, click on "2012" in the Blog Archive section and it will open the posts from December)

Monday, December 31, 2012

Monday, December 31, 2012 - Marc's New Year's Present

Tonight is New Year’s Eve and Marc wanted to share a little New Year’s present with everyone who has generously donated, prayed for him, and sent healing and good energy his way. 
If you haven’t already figured it out, Marc is one very determined guy.  There is no way a massive stroke and brain bleed is going to slow him down.  He’s not about to laze around on New Year’s Eve, either. 
Nope.  Not Marc.  Although he’s not quite ready to go dancing this New Year’s Eve.........


 Marc thought he’d walk on into 2013 in style! 

Marc and I would like to wish everyone a very Happy New Year!
May all your dreams come true in 2013!

7 comments:

  1. AWESOME!! Oh Marc!! So proud of you!! You will be dancing for New Year's Eve 2013! I just know it!! YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent........I knew you were a trooper! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful way to bring in the New Year, what you have accomplished in less than a month is incredible, keep up the fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moving into 2013: a definite step in the right direction! Congratulations, Marc!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.