From Hope to Healing


During Marc's time at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre in Toronto, Ontario, following a massive stroke and brain bleed, a friend suggested I start a blog. I'd been making notes each day and updating his progress on Facebook but after some thought, I realized that this could be something that Marc could later read to follow his journey back to health.

I thought it might also serve to help someone else. If it can help even one other person to recognize the signs of a stroke or to help a family member understand what happens during this battle, then it was worth recording.

This is Marc's story. It begins with our hope for his survival and follows his healing journey.

For those of you new to blogs, you can find previous posts in the Blog Archive on the right side of the page. Each post has the date so you can easily follow along day by day. Just click the one you want to read. This story starts on Saturday, December 8, 2012.

(To see the earlier blog posts, click on "2012" in the Blog Archive section and it will open the posts from December)

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 - Musical Serenade

During music therapy today, I was serenaded with two songs.

 And a little birthday surprise.    
 
Today is all about videos.  I wanted to demonstrate some of the skills that music therapy teaches people who have suffered a stroke.

I love how it ties in cognitive, memory, math, listening, physical dexterity and so many other skills.
 After some instruction,

I can really see the value of music therapy in stroke recovery and I think that Marc is so fortunate to be able to have it as part of his healing journey. 
I’m becoming his biggest groupie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.