Today was probably the easiest day we’ve had in a long time. Marc had decided that he was going to take a break from all things stressful since it was the weekend and he was just going to enjoy himself. Mind you he told me that seven times in thirty minutes, but after I brought that to his attention and we had a talk about it, things calmed down.
We went on a “date” to the food court and talked about anything that wasn’t related to the hospital or therapy for a while. We bought fruit smoothies to celebrate the fourth week of his recovery back to health. A healthy smoothie seemed like an appropriate beverage with which to toast.
Friends Lori and Hayley visited today, as well as Marc’s parents. Lori brought us a gift of assorted Keurig coffees and thoughtfully included a few decaf ones for Marc. He hasn’t wanted any caffeine while in the hospital as its hard enough to sleep but he told me one day that he misses our Keurig coffee. Tomorrow I will bring him a fresh decaf as a treat from home when I visit.
Other than practicing some of Marc’s physiotherapy, it was a very restful and relaxing day. Well deserved after a week of great progress, I’d say.
It really hit me as I was driving home tonight that it has just been a month since that fateful night that found Marc fighting for his life. It’s been a series of baby steps along this healing journey but when you add them all up, it’s astounding to see where he is now.
Add together a month’s worth of baby steps and you’ll discover you’ve walked a very long way.
Great to hear will come and visit when i get back to Ontario
ReplyDeleteThat sounds great, Mardi!! Marc will love that.
ReplyDelete