The conversation with Catherine in physio the other day went something like this:
“So, I hear you have a swimming pool here at RVH, “ said Marc.
“We do,” said Catherine. “It’s down in the outpatient physiotherapy.”
“Well, I have a bathing suit at home,” said Marc.
And that was how Marc finagled his way into having his physio in the pool every Friday morning for the next four weeks. I know. He’s smooth.
Catherine agreed that he’d be a good candidate for swim therapy and put the wheels in motion to make it happen.
When I arrived at the hospital today, his roommate and the nurses were joking about Marc’s pool party tomorrow morning. I brought in his bathing suit but left the pina colada mix at home.
He’s pretty excited. I know how much Marc loves swimming and I imagine that this workout will go a long way to strengthening not only his muscles, but also his spirit.
“I really like this resort,” said Marc this afternoon.
I’m glad he’s looking forward to the swimming. It also reminded me how badly we could use a vacation. To a real resort.
That will really help a lot. Couldn't be better.
ReplyDeleteAG
ps: Why can I only post as anonymous???
The great thing about this (and about the music therapy, too) is that it's fun!
ReplyDeleteWill you be bringing your bathing suit, too, Sandy?